With a history and presence of more than 90 years on the international market, our Client has slowly become the leading provider concerning testing systems for networking and also regarding wireless services performance. Tackling aspects such as end-to-end solutions for new technologies from the core to the network edge, from 1G to 5G, they have been deploying, maintaining and optimising the most powerfull and complex networks on the planet for the last 30 years.
Having a new R&D Center, about to be turned into an Excellence Center here in Romania, Bucharest, our Client is aiming to continue providing the best solutions worldwide, while growing and developing itself through the people with which they choose to continue their adventure.
Come work with them, where they’ll celebrate your unique expertise, drive and passion!
As the Platform Architect you will join a multi-discipline Architecture Team that is responsible for defining innovative systems solutions for public and private cloud deployments for customers in the service provider and enterprise space. Your role will be to work with the local development team as well as global product vertical teams to expand and integrate the company portable cloud platform into various solutions. This platform underpins multiple vertical solutions and has multiple concurrent clients. The role will require a mix of talents ranging from IT Architecture & Platform Development to establishing templates and policies for DevOps and Administrative usage of the platform.
Summary of Duties
· Provide technical leadership for design, planning and implementation of the portable platform and its integration into various products.
· Apply experience with using similar tooling, e.g., Container as a Service (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm), OpenStack, AWS, Cloud Foundry
· Lead risk reductions, estimation efforts, performance and capacity modeling/ planning
· Verify technical feasibility and validate solution options for the requirements
· Create templates to support creation of new services based on the platform
· Experience with Agile methodologies, effective working independently and in a virtual team setting
· Work closely with DevOps teams, developing solutions against company’s next-gen public / private, portable cloud platform.
Enthusiastic self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset and proven track record of execution and delivery.
· Partner with product and development teams to provide education and design consultation.
· Translate the company’s product business requirements into systems design, including high-availability and disaster recovery
· Support business development and proposal work
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with the ability to adjust the messaging based on the audience
Our client believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps them drive innovations and solutions should be recognized and rewarded. Along with the chance to “make things no one else can” (their employees’ words), they provide a competitive compensation and benefits programs to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
If you have what it takes to push boundaries and see opportunities, apply to join their team today!
· BS / MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
· 10+ years of industry experience
· 5+ years architecting/designing high-scale, high-performance, and distributed systems
· Deep hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale
o Implementation and operations in Cloud IaaS and PaaS environments (e.g., hands on Kubernetes, AWS, GCE, Azure, OpenStack, etc.).
o Experience in working and/or contributing with an open source community innovating to create production services.
o Proven track record building enterprise class solutions & ability to quickly consume new technologies and tools and decide if or how they can be useful in our stack
o Experience influencing application modernization and migration to cloud platforms.
o Experience documenting Micro-Services based, system architectures via modeling diagrams and effectively transitioning those architectures to implementation teams
· Applied knowledge in an iterative development environment employing Agile/Scrum/XP combined with DevOps exposure
o Proven experience being part of a team that has taken a product from concept through delivery, and subsequent support through multiple releases
o Strong testing background in CI/CD environment
· Expert level Linux experience, experience with DevOps tooling such as Ansible, Puppet, BOSH, Concourse.
· Broad knowledge in systems telemetry and monitoring (ELK, Grafana, etc.)
· Understanding of modern data platforms such as ES, Hadoop.
· Front end technologies (Java Script, HTML5, CSS/SCSS)
· Solid network and systems troubleshooting experience with HTTP/HTTPS, SFTP, FTP, NFS, SMB, SMTP, SSH, NTP and TCP/IP, Internet Security, encryption
· Integration & implementation of various services, LDAP, Samba, NFS, Bind, Apache, and other core technologies