Summary of Duties
· Overall technical product management responsibility for NCI
o Develops a strategic roadmap with input from key stakeholders.
o Intake feature requests and maintain a prioritized backlog
o Manage priorities amongst internal stakeholders by applying a structured governance model
o Manage team dependencies and timelines via the NCI roadmap
· Perform competitive analysis of other platforms and identify competitive advantages and determine what Platform features and functionality will be built or modified
o Understand and stay current with industry trends, open source technologies, and cloud computing models.
· Provide strategic leadership and tactical delivery on software sprints while collaborating with Engineering, support, operations, vendors, partners, and customers
o Serve as single point of contact for the Platform strategy/Roadmap
o Organize features into user stories fit for estimation during sprint planning
o Provide requirements for user stories and act as voice of the customer during software development
o Generate product and operational metrics
· Develop technical collateral such as developer guides, white papers, libraries of platform usage examples.
o Educate and inform key stakeholders about upcoming releases and roadmap
o Evangelize the NCI platform via blog posts, lunch-and-learn, and internal workshops
o Coordinate NCI training for clients of the platform
Our client believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps them drive innovations and solutions should be recognized and rewarded. Along with the chance to “make things no one else can” (their employees’ words), they provide a competitive compensation and benefits programs to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
If you have what it takes to push boundaries and see opportunities, apply to join their team today!
With a history and presence of more than 90 years on the international market, our Client has slowly become the leading provider concerning testing systems for networking and also regarding wireless services performance. Tackling aspects such as end-to-end solutions for new technologies from the core to the network edge, from 1G to 5G, they have been deploying, maintaining and optimising the most powerfull and complex networks on the planet for the last 30 years.
Having a new R&D Center, about to be turned into an Excellence Center here in Romania, Bucharest, our Client is aiming to continue providing the best solutions worldwide, while growing and developing itself through the people with which they choose to continue their adventure.
Come work with them, where they’ll celebrate your unique expertise, drive and passion!
The Platform Product Owner (PO) will coordinate the platform team in strategic product planning, roadmap definition, software sprint planning, competitive analysis and thought leadership for our initiative to deliver our client’s NITRO Common Infrastructure (NCI). The PO will have responsibility for defining the NCI roadmap, maintaining a prioritized backlog, helping organize Agile software sprints alongside Engineering and acting as an NCI SME to the rest of the organization. The PO will lead cross-functional teams through business and technical requirement definition and overall lifecycle management for NCI. The PO ensures that the dependent products are insulated from variability in the deployment environment (e.g., seamless deployment to environments ranging from bare metal to orchestrated ONAP integration). The PO will work closely with development teams from initiation to delivery and Platform lifecycle management.
· BS/BA or equivalent required; MS a plus
· 8+ years of product management in a multi-team environment
· Deep understanding of development platforms / Platform as a Service concepts
· Previous experience building a shared platform, or platform services such as security, logging, containerization, etc.
· Proven track project management track record
· Excellent communication skills to include: verbal, written and presentation
· Experience in managing a common platform, with proven success in migrating products from an isolated environment to an environment where products depend on a common platform