With a history and presence of more than 90 years on the international market, our Client has slowly become the leading provider concerning testing systems for networking and also regarding wireless services performance. Tackling aspects such as end-to-end solutions for new technologies from the core to the network edge, from 1G to 5G, they have been deploying, maintaining and optimising the most powerfull and complex networks on the planet for the last 30 years.
Having a new R&D Center, about to be turned into an Excellence Center here in Romania, Bucharest, our Client is aiming to continue providing the best solutions worldwide, while growing and developing itself through the people with which they choose to continue their adventure.
Come work with them, where they’ll celebrate your unique expertise, drive and passion!
The successful candidate is part of the NPI team that has global responsibility for the successful introduction of the Company’s Assurance Product portfolio to its customers. Company’s Assurance products ensure customer telecom networks do what they were designed to do. In this NPI role, you will conduct Customer Field Trials or Lighthouse/Sandbox test environments which may be directly associated with revenue as part of a pilot or trial with strict timelines and specific deliverables. NPI interacts very closely with the deployment and support teams as end customers, QA, software development, engineering and Product Management in order to ensure successful and effective on time delivery of fit for purpose SW features ultimately in support of the sales revenue targets.
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations
During the early part of the product life cycle, this person will be involved in the definition of requirements and should be comfortable with requirements capture, decomposition, documentation and subsequent system design and will be required to work along software developers, engineering as well as QA engineers and should be able to communicate well with peers. At the end of the life cycle, he/she will take the new product s/w and test it in a customer environment and ensure it meets the product and customer requirements. By the very nature of new product introduction in a technology company, an interest in, and an ability to quickly learn new technologies is expected.
The key characteristics needed are wide and experienced Domain and system engineering expertise in a telecommunications environment with 2G, 3G and 4G networks. This person will have been identified as a key contributor in this field of expertise.
As well, the successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to co-ordinate and manage numerous parallel activities and exhibit persistence in closing down actions to ensure the product is fit for purpose.
This role will require international travel to other company’s locations and customer locations.
Our client believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps them drive innovations and solutions should be recognized and rewarded. Along with the chance to “make things no one else can” (their employees’ words), they provide a competitive compensation and benefits programs to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
If you have what it takes to push boundaries and see opportunities, apply to join their team today!
· BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with 10+ years of related experiences in a Telecommunications environment
· Strong technical and non-technical communication, documentation and presentation skills are important as this role involves direct interaction with customers and internal leaders
· Problem solving and analytical skills are essential
· Good program management skills and coordination across technical teams.
· Have the technical confidence and ability to work under pressure and to provide high quality solutions to problems.
· Be able to work independently as well as function well as part of a team.
· Understanding of cloud-scale and micro/macro-services architectures
· Virtual Environments such as: MS Hyper-V, VMware, Openstack
· Tools: Kafka, Zookeeper, Storm, ELK, Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Grafana, Redis, Ansible
· Scripting and programming experiences in one or more of C#, C++, Java, Angular JS, Python, Bash/Shell
· GSM/UMTS/LTE vendor knowledge with any one of the following Nokia Siemens Networks, Ericsson, Alcatel-Lucent, ZTE and Huawei
· Oracle/SQL/DS2 Database
· DELL, IBM and HP server architecture
· SAN, NAS storage (ISCI, Fibre Channel)
· Active Directory
· Linux and Windows System Administration
· Familiar with Atlassian Tool Suite: JIRA (epic, story, bug, task tracking), Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo and Fisheye/Crucible is a plus
· Understanding of TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, SSL/TLS and DNS